A few odds and ends:
- The University of North Carolina system is debating whether students’ rights to free speech, in a public forum explicitly reserved for free speech, include “hate speech”. To my shame as a UNC alum, I link to a Duke professor who gets it right;
- Ted Frank is a modest man. He hasn’t pointed you to this (non-pdf, easy to read) article on his role as an objector to the sham Grand Theft Auto class action settlement (the article was linked here some time ago, but it was in inconvenient format – readers interested in games, class actions, or lawyerly self-dealing should review it);
- Will Barack Obama seek to relax or repeal federal marijuana laws? Esquire thinks so. I think he lacks the guts. We’ll see who’s right. (Via Crime and Federalism);
- Bathroom sex, cops, wrestling, and catfighting lawyers! Note that not all lawyers who brawl are sexy;
- 20% of Americans think Dick Cheney is the worst Vice President in history. Ergo, at least 20% of Americans have never heard of dueling assassin Aaron Burr;
- Upstate New York Judge orders “living wage” of $13.11 per hour (!) for parking attendants. Unintended consequences ensue;
- Stray thought: if you haven’t seen When We Left Earth: The NASA Missions, you should. It was the best documentary I watched this year.
While I’ll be blogging tomorrow, I suspect that many of you won’t be reading. Have a Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukah, Ecstatic Eid, Joyous Kwanzaa, a very late Merry Diwali for Hindu readers, and for the secular among us, Happy Holidays.